Thursday 29 November 2007

Sick as a dog

I'm ill. I've finally caught this fucking cough that's been circulating around the office for the last few weeks. Fuck it. It won't take me down. I've not taken a sick day for years, and I don't intend on starting now. Though since I started this morning I've developed a headache. And I'm fast losing my ability to concentrate. Why am I writing this here? Well, I'm trying to keep a poker face at work, but sometimes you've just got to have a rant.

On the woman front. I met a HB8 girl who is a PA at one of our suppliers. She came to meet me at the door and I instantly turned the game on. She ended up staying and chatting for 10 minutes and blatantly got told off by her boss when he came in and met me, as she was only supposed to show me to the waiting room. Ha!

It was easy though, and it's kind of like flicking a switch. Now that I think about it there's always been a switch. It's sort of an Alpha Male switch. It's almost as if I spend most of my time running around at 90%, and then when I hit the switch i got into pure 100%.

Anyway. I didn't number close, as there wasn't time and we were rudely interrupted. I could phone the company, ask to speak to her, and ask for her number. Could even just say that "I wanted to say thanks for waiting with me in the waiting room the other day". But. And it's a big but. It's highly unprofessional to phone a woman at work, whilst I'm at work and ask for her number. Hmmm...

I've finished Magic Bullets and then stormed through Double Your Dating. I may write reviews for both soon. Both are excellent, Double Your Dating even more so. Magic Bullets is good, but really highlights the cultural divide between the UK and the USA. DYD also left me with a monstrous reading list, which is awesome. The thing I liked so much about it, was that whereas Magic Bullets is primarily about improving personality, DYD is more about improving character (read Steven Covey's The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People if you don't know the difference - in fact, read it anyway).

I also came up with a pretty decent theory on why a guy's starting level of game is what it is. But until I've developed it properly I'm not sharing.

-B

No comments: