Sunday 18 November 2007

Night Out on the game with friends #1

Never again. At least not with that group*. What I have learnt and am trying to put into practice does not mix well with my old social circle of friends. What a bad idea it was mixing the two.

My weekend result - one phone number, that isn't even real. I was looking forward to going out with a girl, a female 'wingman', and really improving my game. I thought she had the same goal, and with an excited pace in my foot I floored the accelerator pedal of my car all the way down to the south coast for the weekend.

Night 1 - my friend wants to stay in. I begrudgingly accede to this suggestion - it's very cold and there's no point dragging someone out if they don't want to go out. We end up going for a long drive around town, stop at a bar for a drink, then drive some more until the early hours of the morning. I'm slightly annoyed that my vision of the weekend isn't coming to pass, but I give myself a mental slap and in my mind utter to myself "it's not all about the game, make sure you always make time for your friends".

Night 2 - we go out. Except, instead of going out on the pull, we go out with friends. Again, I mentally kick myself for begrudging the fact that I'm out with friends. We merge with a group of girls they know, which is nice. Both girls are HB7's - and I decide that they are a simple and fair starting point for the evening. But oh my god. My 'friends' destroy my game in front of these girls. I have unwittingly brought out my own cock-blocking obstacles.

End result for the weekend? I separate myself from my group, and open on a HB8 on her own. I number close. I congratulate myself, as it was 2am, and just before we decided to head off. I tell myself the weekend has not been a complete wipe-out on the game front.

Until today. I dial HB8's number. BEEP BEEP BEEp the number you have called has not been recognised, please dial again BEEP BEEP BEEP.

- - -

Two things are apparent. First - I have no right to any kind of ego or any claim to have any level of game. I'm a blank canvas, and have a very very long way to go. Second - to succeed I need to move away from my social circle. My friends were all very complementary, telling me they thought I was more confident, assured, funny and all the rest of it - but they are very much holding me back.

From now on I'm going to find a new social circle - perhaps of like minded pickup artists - and I'm also going to go out alone. I will not be set back. I will not bow down. I will force myself to succeed.

-B

* If you are one of my friends and you read this - remember that you are a good friend first and foremost, but on Saturday 17th November 2007, you really fucked my game up.

No comments: