Tuesday 13 November 2007

A day of normality, or not

Today pickup was one of the last things on my mind. Early in the day I was asked to be a blood donor to save a young girl's life - she is the daughter of a friend of a friend. I don't know if I'm the right blood group - but I'm going to find out first thing tomorrow at St Ormond Street Hospital. I just hope I am. Something like this makes me realise all the petty problems I think I have ever had pale in comparison to this little girl's life, that's right now hanging by a thread.

HB6 text me and asked me to go skating then out for a meal with her friends. I told her I couldn't make it. Also got asked out drinking with work mates, but I need to be sober for my tests tomorrow. HB10 may be a no-go, as our mutual friend sent her my number, was told that the text didn't go through - and now won't send it again. Fuck it, honestly don't care.

Today's not been about pickup at all. I've been concentrating on other things and catching up with my work load - I fell into the trap of pickup obsession last week and fell behind. This is one PUA in the making that will not become a social robot. No fucking way.

Sorry if this post is uninteresting - it's posted more for my benefit than for a good read. More fun soon let's hope.

B

No comments: