Saturday 10 November 2007

Day Game #1

Ok. Day game. Terrifying concept. I thought I would put this off a lot longer, mainly because I reckon people are more defensive towards strangers, and therefore harder to open during the day. Also day game tends to target single women a lot more. Last night therefore I had no intention of working on my day game.

I walk into the tube station near where I live and I'm dressed for going out: warm clothes for the winter. Nothing outrageous, although I am wearing the most excellent shirt underneath a blue jumper and blue leather jacket. I've just started growing a gotee and I know that my image tonight is good. As I walk down the stairs to the tube HB 8 walks past me with killer legs. She walks down the platform and stands about 5 meters away. At this point she is completely unaware of my existence.

The train approaches and I start walking down the platform. This was semi strategic: it's quite normal to be walking down the platform, but I knew she would be looking towards the train, thus I enter her field of vision. I'm walking with confidence and as she glances at I smile at her and she smiles back. The train stops and she gets on through the door which is now nearest me, and despite there being a door nearer her she steps through mine. (I take this as a mini IOI).

She sits down and I place myself diagonally opposite her. At this point I'm still not really contemplating making a move and I'm worrying about going out in town to pull women on my own for the first time. I pick up a paper that's on the ajacent seat and start flicking through it, barely reading. I end up on a page with an ad for gilette razors with a load of funky facial hair shapes, and as if a lightbulb went off I have an idea. My heart starts beating faster, my throat gets a little drier. I start talking myself out of it. No. Focus. Live for the moment.

Me: "Hi can I ask you for advice on something?"
She looks up.
Me: "Have you heard of movember?"
She: "Yeah when you grow a beard for charity?"
Me: "Yeah, well I've just started the other day. Which of these designs do you reckon would suit me?"
She laughs.

We start talking shit. I tell her I'm going to a blues club. She loves the idea of going to a blues club. She works near where I live. I sense a level of attaction. She lives in St Albans. We carry on talking until I'm a stop away from my destination.

Me: "Can I have your number?"
She: "Your forward aren't you"
Me: "Yeah well I'm getting off at the next stop so you have to make a decision. Yes or no. Choose quickly".
She: "Give me your phone, I'll type it in".

I could tell she then went very akward. It's uncomfortable enough talking to a stranger on a tube, but when you're giving out your number on a by now packed train with every bastard around listening... well I would feel akward too.

Me on the other hand? I walked out of that tube station with a cheshire cat grin on my face. My first day number close, on a crowded tube train, on the start of my first night out. I felt like the most awesome man alive.

IOI = indicator of interest.

No comments: