Friday 7 December 2007

Solo Sarge #3

I will keep this simple, and post a better field report later today. Right now it's 6.30 am and I'm awake, but happy as a bastard (though I will try and get some more sleep later).

Last night I went to my local to meet up with friends after football. I wasn't playing, due to my illness, but as I've fel good enough to go back to work I decided I felt good enough to go out drinking.

I arrive in the pub at 10:05pm, and it's full of girls - this is odd. There are normally very nice girls in my local, but never this amount- there are litterally dozens. I start wandering the bar, looking for my friends. As I'm walking I see a two set of HB9's and smile at them as I walk past, they smile back. I notice that my friends aren't yet here, and so I grab a beer. I know I should approach the two set, but I get massive approach anxiety. I'm still ill, and coughing like a beast, I'm pale, under-dressed and have writing on my hand from work (a bad habit, which I had kicked, but lapsed back into today as I knew I wouldn't be sarging)!

It litterally takes me 5 minutes to work up the courage to approach. In the mean time I stand there, reading a paper and trying to look cool. I eventually decide I have nothing to lose, and walk over without feeling too nervous, walk over and ask to sit down next to them. I immediately twig that they are sisters...

.... arg the lack of sleep is fucking me up - i'm going back to bed. Will post the rest later. Illess, plus 5 pints of beer, plus 3hrs sleep is NOT a good mix. Feel great though :D

No comments: