Sunday 9 December 2007

Field Report - GermanGirl

Instead of finishing my post from earlier, I'm just going to restart and post the entire thing here.

Situation

I'm out, Thursday night and meeting friends at a local pub. I arrive there early and the place is swarming with women. I'm ill, have made zero effort to make myself look presentable, and cannot stop coughing. As I do a lap of the venue looking for my friends on arrival I see a two set of HB9's. They look at me as I walk past. I smile at them. They smile back.

Approach

I grab myself a beer and wait. I toy with the idea of approaching the two set and then get huge approach anxiety. After a good couple of minutes I finally think - fuck it. I pick up a newspaper and walk towards them.

Bandit: Do you mind if I sit here whilst I wait for my friends?
Girls: Sure.
Bandit: Cool. They'll be here in a couple of minutes.

I open my newspaper as if I'm about to ignore them and start reading.

Bandit: So where are you both from?
Girls: Germany.
Bandit: You're sisters right?

And I was in. They smiled and said yes and I just went into extreme cocky-funny mode. The great thing about DD's cocky-funny, is that it's just an exaggerated version of my normal cheeky-teasing self. Plus I'm much better at improvised situational comedy than I am with canned material (which I honestly suck at).

After a while my friends arrive. The perfect wingmen - they kept to themselves. Interjected and DHV'd me from time to time - perfect. The only thing they didn't do was isolate the obstacle - but there was no need. After 2hrs of my witty banter we all got on the same bus home (although, like an idiot I waited for five minutes at the wrong bus stop). By the time we left I was a bit drunk though - my friends kept buying me pints and I kept buying my friends pints in return.. But, I kept it together well enough to # close and have since arranged a Wednesday lunch time D2.

I know I said I wouldn't drink when out - but like any rule the importance is knowing when to break it. I started out on 2 beers, and it was only natural to drink beers with my friends - i mean it's what we do. I just happened to have two girls there with us.

I also bought the obstacle a drink. Ha, very AFC?

What have I learnt?
  • It's possible to succeed without making any effort on your physical appearance. At all.
  • It's possible to succeed when ill - which I had thought would have been the ultimate DLV.
  • I don't need to use canned routines and opening lines.
  • The natural approach seemed to work well for me.
  • David DeAngelo's stuff is awesome. I'm reading more of it.
  • The most important thing is having the correct frame.

What do I need to improve on/learn better?
  • 3 second rule, goddamn it.
  • Kino escalation - there was none of it. I also held off because I'm ill. Hmm, or am I just kidding myself?
  • This time I need to do better on my D2. I'm looking forward to it, there's a natural TC - it's on my lunch break.
So there we go. Random luck gets a new girl into play: GermanGirl - and she lives within walking distance :D

No comments: