Monday 17 March 2008

Monday Mornings

I must get out of bed...

Damn I hate Monday mornings, the fucking traffic I'm going to have to sit in on the way to work, the damn job I'm hating more and more with every passing day, the sense of having to conform and fit in with a lifestyle you no longer want or even need... Having to play by someone else's rules, a complete lack of liberty. Frustration, bubbling, simmering hotter and hotter every day until you feel like a boiler about to burst. Knowing that freedom is only a chasm's leap away and that you have the power, skill and ability to make the jump... but hesitating, and turning away afraid because despite every fibre of your being telling you, you can make the jump, there's doubt. And then regret, that you didn't jump and still haven't. Across the chasm are riches.... but right now I'm stuck on the island of mediocrity. Jump. I need to jump.

But one step at a time.

I must get out of bed...

No comments: