Tuesday 15 January 2008

Pride

My mother always used to tell me, "Pride comes before a fall". Looking back at my last post I sounded like a smug bastard, claiming that I was going to have sex that night and that it was all to easy, or whatever garbage I wrote. Did I have sex. No. As with every time in my life when I act all mighty and arrogant, fate dealt me a hand. A back hand. Right across the jaw.

Ah, OK, that's too extreme as well. GermanGirl didn't come round Friday night. She went out clubbing instead. So the following evening she came back. We watched Kill Bill part 1. We fucked. We watched Kill Bill part 2. We fucked. If she's trying to make me fall for her then she's doing a damn good job - two Quentin Tarantino movies interlaced with sex... and damn good sex at that.

She stays over and the next morning we fuck again before I send her on her way. She's off to meet her sister. This evening I finished reading the second half of The Rules of The Game, and cringed at the sister story - so very tempted to follow down that dark road myself. The terrible truth is that the only thing preventing this is my morals - and if I ended up alone with the sister for more than about 10 seconds my morals would melt in a germanic heat of passion and lust.

Anyway. Back to my pride. I need to stop being proud. Whilst I am very happy with my life and glad I've discovered some hidden powers I never thought I could tap into so easily, yet, I am a long way away from being anything resembling a master, hero or PUA. I must continue my training. And I must not start sounding like an arrogant prick.

Not that I really need to worry about this. As I said before, Karma has a way of dealing with pricks. I see this all the time - people constantly being brought back down to earth when they start thinking their shit smells sweeter than most. I tried sarging a woman on a train station platform Saturday, whilst I was on the way to meet GermanGirl. It bombed:

B: "Is your text message sound the theme from Blockbuster?"
HB: "No, it's Catchphrase"
B: "Well it's really loud, I can hear it over my music"
HB: "Oh. Sorry".
B:" Erm... I like the way you've matched your shoes with your bag - it suits you"
HB: "Erm.... thanks"

She gives me a look as if she's just seen me pick up a wriggling worm from the station platform and start stroking it.

I pause... words fail me. Completely. I fall out of the present and my mind starts laughing at me "Bandit, did you seriously just switch from teasing her about her phone being too loud to complimenting her clothes.... in SUCH an AFC manner?"... I turn away. I put my iPod earphones back in. The train arrives. I get onboard, and sit far away from the HB.

There's so much more I need to learn...

-B

No comments: