Monday 14 April 2008

The merits of sobriety

You know your plan has gone askew, when you spend the night seducing a HB10 girl and end up in another girls bed.

As the fog in my mind started to lift I started to remember where I was and who was with me. As the facts came rushing back into sharp focus I remembered.

You know it's gone really bad when the girl is far far less fit than the HB10 you were originally trying to seduce.

No. It can't be real. This is a bad dream. How did this happen?

You know the situation's going to be hard to recover, when you realise the girl you're in bed with is the other girls friend.

Did we? No. Am I sure? No. It's OK. We definitely didn't. I fell asleep straight away. I resisted her, she wasn't taking no for an answer. But nothing happened, I fell asleep. But my god is it going to be awkward when she wakes up.

You know you've had far too much to drink, when you realise the girl who's sleeping on you... is your work colleague.




Not good.

And I "may", just "may" have ruined my chances with ActressGirl. Great. Fucking wonderful.

So far I've kiss-closed her, this perfect HB10, and she's the hottest girl ever. I could marry her she's that hot (because girls like this are so rare, would you want to let one get away)? Ok. I know I'm talking out of my arse, and I'm seriously not going to marry her. But I may fall for her.

But before I got my chance to do anything with her... I find myself in a strange situation.

ActressGirl and I met properly last week. She needed help making a DVD, and asked me to give her some help with. Two awesomely flirtation filled mornings later I could sense I had attracted her, and closed the deal with a kiss on day 2. Only problem - she has a boyfriend and is in a play with him until next weekend. Hmm. Ok, she's so hot that I'll be "understanding" and wait. (So very AFC of me, I know.... but I'm kidding myself that I'm being pragmatic).

We have some phone game over the weekend and arrange to meet up Monday (today). Her housemate, my work colleague and I meanwhile arrange to work together on Sunday filming some god awful thing. On the shoot the hours drag on by at the worlds most boring corporate event, and we decide to do what any good TV people do when they get bored - drink free champagne. Lots of it.

A couple of bottles later, she invites me back to hers for some food. I want to see ActressGirl, but decide it's probably a bad idea. She phones ActressGirl, and finds out the boyfriend might be coming round. I tell her that there's no chance I'm going if he's there, and then decide I'm pissed off by the whole idea of her mental process and decide not to go. At the last minute the work colleague convinces me to come along.

The evening goes pretty well. ActressGirl is offish at first, but soon warms up to me again. The other house mates go to bed, leaving ActressGirl, the work colleague and me watching a film. ActressGirl and I start a bit of kino escalation, but then she gets cold feet and gets offish. Caveman is off the cards, as we're not alone. As I start caressing ActressGirl's inner leg something so unexpected happened - that I didn't know how to react.

Work colleague starts snuggling up next to me and rubbing me.

Imagine the situation. There I am with the hottest girl imaginable in my lap and suddenly my work colleague starts trying to join in. Had she been a complete hottie, it would have been awesome. But she's not. I'm just not attracted to her. At all. Fortunately the copious amounts of alcohol fix the problem, and I fall asleep watching Jerry Maguire - and not very far into the film if I remember correctly.

I wake up as ActressGirl is leaving to go to bed. I try to go with her. Denied. Damn. Ok - I fucked up by falling asleep. I go to sleep on the couch. Then all of a sudden:

Work colleague: Bandit, come to bed with me?
Bandit: What? No. Go away.
Work colleague: Come on.
Bandit: No. I'm not sleeping with you.
Work colleague: Don't be a dick. Just come and keep me warm.
Bandit: No. It's weird.
Work colleague: Come on, starts grabbing me.
Bandit: Fine. But no funny business. I'm going straight to sleep.
Work colleague: Ok.

So in my drunken stupor I crawl into bed with her. For the record, let me state that we were both fully clothed and I was asleep within minutes. But she snuggled up good and proper and I could feel her trembling.

Not my best move.

Today at work she's hasn't mentioned it. It's been weird though, and I can tell there's underlying tension. The naive candy-coated part of me wonders if it's just, you know, kind of cool to be able to snuggle up and share some warmth without any implications. But I'm not that naive. Not by far. I know in this real world we live in that people do anything they can to get to fuck the people they are attracted to.

But now for the interesting one. How will ActressGirl react to this? She needs a fix on her DVD, so she's meeting me here at work in an hour. Does she know we "slept" together? Worse, has work colleague lied to her about what happened in order to claim me? I guess all I can do is find out.

I'll update later.

This is a ridiculous situation.

-B


(And obviously, posting about it on the internet is such a wise move...)

No comments: