Tuesday 12 February 2008

Auf Wiedersehen

GermanGirl rang me up last night. The conversation went something like this.

Fluff talk, yadda yadda, then
GermanGirl: There's something I think I should tell you.
Bandit: (slowly) OK
GermanGirl: Well. I met a guy at the weekend, and I think I want to see him again.
Bandit: I see.
GermanGirl: I'm so sorry.
Bandit: It's OK.
GermanGirl: You're not angry with me?
Bandit: No. Not yet. I mean, maybe I will be in five minutes, or I'll have a fit of jealousy, but really it's OK. We never had anything more than a very casual relationship.

We chatted a little more. I told her she doesn't necessarily have to break up with me because she's seeing someone else (here's me leading up to telling her I'm seeing other people), but she says she think it would be odd seeing two people at once. She said she was surprised how well I was taking it, I re-iterated that we only ever had a casual relationship and it was no big deal.

As we ended the conversation I told her "So when, if, you get bored of this guy, give me a shout and maybe we can go out for a drink some time".

Looking back, that's such a cheesy line, but she then finished with "Ok, so it's alright if I call you then?".

I don't think I've felt this emotionally unbothered with a breakup since I was 16 and just snogging girls. Part of me is still waiting to get hit with a ton of emotion, but it just isn't happening - I don't feel numb, I feel nothing. Sure it's annoying, as I was hoping to get her round this evening, but no worries, I have a couple more to choose from.

But the question remains.... why the fuck don't I care about this at all? I mean, yesterday I was more pissed off when I got a parking ticket. Hmmm. Well, I guess I can't complain, but it's a little eerie and unnatural.

-B

No comments: